The Volunteer Center of Sheboygan County (VC) is a community impact program of United Way that focuses on connecting community members, businesses, and groups with local nonprofit agencies and serves as a network for nonprofits.
Agency Information: Volunteer Center Network (VCN)
All nonprofits within Sheboygan County are invited to join the Volunteer Center Network (VCN)! As a VCN member, your agency can access all the marketing opportunities and other resources provided by United Way's Volunteer Center to help you keep your volunteer base strong.
Benefits of joining the Volunteer Center Network:
- Joining a network of over 100 nonprofit agencies to find new solutions to volunteer needs.
- Gain another avenue to find new volunteers by posting volunteer opportunities on the Volunteer Center Website.
- United Way of Sheboygan County (UWSC) serves as a connector between the nonprofit sector and businesses by connecting your agency with corporate volunteer groups when available.
By joining the VCN you gain access to the following outreach opportunities:
- Radio Air Time - United Way has a partnership with Midwest Communications that allows us to interview any nonprofit agency a part of the Volunteer Center Network at no cost to the agency. Radio spots are limited to once per calendar year to ensure everyone has a chance to share their updates on air.
- Outdoor Digital Sign on Kohler Memorial - Utilize our digital outdoor sign to promote your volunteer opportunities. Reservations are good for one week at a time.
- Visibility during our Annual Events - Day of Caring and Spirit of Sheboygan County Volunteer Awards are two events that help spread awareness for your agency's dedication to your mission!
Quick VCN Resources
2023 Upcoming Meetings:
- June 14 at 9:30a
- *Day of Caring Special Meeting on September 6th at 9a
- September 27 at 9a | Zoom link: TBD
Radio & Outdoor Digital Sign Slots: Click here to sign up. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- Click here for directions on how to add your agency to the Volunteer Center.
- Click here for directions on how to post a Volunteer Opportunity.
Questions? Contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Advanced Events Information
Post your 2023 Day of Caring Project Today!
Last year, more than 600 people volunteered to make a difference on Day of Caring. The purpose of this day is to connect your agency with volunteers and you with the opportunity to win over potential ongoing volunteers or new supporters! Our goal is to surpass last year's numbers to reach even further impact in Sheboygan County!
Here is a document that lays out all of the details of how to post a volunteer opportunity for Day of Caring in Advanced Events: Click here for the document.
- Friday, July 21st – Volunteer opportunities open to sponsors (*Agencies make sure to have your projects up!)
- Wednesday, August 2nd – Volunteer opportunities open to the public; Radio announcement
- Friday, August 18th – Final Volunteer tshirt orders are due
- Week of August 21st – Day of Caring Yard Sign Drop-off (volunteers will be dropping off a sign at your place)
- Thursday, September 14th – Volunteer tshirt pick up at United Way from 7a to 6p (Or volunteers can pick up their shirts on September 21st from 7a to 10a.)
- Wednesday, September 6th – Virtual Office Hours; connect with Lisa on last minute questions
- Sunday, September 10th – Day of Caring Small Grants are due to Gina Covelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thursday, September 21st – DAY OF THE EVENT!
- Thursday, September 28th – Volunteers will pick up your yard signs
Details of Day of Caring: This includes a overview of the day, details of project ideas, and how to post your project for the day! NOTE: The goal is to get projects up by July 21st, but you can submit your projects until August 2nd. Click here to download instructions.
Day of Caring Small Grants: Small grants (up to $500) are available for participating agencies. Applications will be accepted from June 14 until September 10. Questions? Reach out to Gina Covelli (email@example.com).
Click here for details and the online application.
Sample Volunteer Waiver: Click here to download and edit.
Questions? Reach out to Lisa Finney by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.