NONPROFIT RESOURCE NETWORK
is a network of Sheboygan County nonprofits uniting to improve services and strengthen the social sector through enhanced resource sharing, collaboration, and understanding of both community and nonprofit needs.
Network History: When the World Health Organization declared the Coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic, United Way of Sheboygan County invited all nonprofits to join us in conversations to better understand the implications of a pandemic on agencies and those they serve. Meetings began weekly in the spring of 2020, eventually moved to bi-weekly, and after feedback from the social sector the network met quarterly in 2022. Continued feedback has shown us the value of this network, renamed Sheboygan County's Nonprofit Resource Network to continue to improve services and strengthen the social sector.
All local Sheboygan County nonprofits are invited to join us! [2023 meeting schedule below]
What are the nonprofits saying about the Nonprofit Resource Network?
Highlights from our year-end Nonprofit Resource Network Survey…
78% of respondents found value in the Nonprofit Resource Network and have benefited from attending
100% reported they "agreed" or "strongly agreed" with the statement: I appreciate the opportunity on the agenda to share new community needs I/my organization is encountering
90% shared that attending increases (their) knowledge about new community resources
80% reported the Nonprofit Resource Network meetings increased connections and collaborations among nonprofits
“We love working with the UW and appreciate the entire team very much! You all are helpful, kind, dedicated and the impact you have on the community is exceptional. Keep up your great work please!” – Local Nonprofit Leader
Standing agenda for the 2023 meeting schedule.
The first meeting of the year was held on Tuesday, January 10th at 9am. With network feedback, 5 total virtual meetings will be held, the remainder of 2023 on the first Tuesday (9am) of March, June, August, and October (meeting details below).
- As your events are finalized, click here to post-event details on Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce.
- As you plan your events, click here to fill this form out for access to the shared Nonprofit Google Calendar.
- Tips to consider while planning events during COVID, click here for the article.
- Strategies During COVID-19, click here for the list of articles.
Keep your nonprofit programming information online listing up-to-date.
Update or add your listing to the 2-1-1 Database by:
- If you already have a listing, use this link to search for your agency and submit an update request: https://211wisconsin.communityos.org/public-agency-search-editing
- If you don’t see our name in the search (from the link above) or you have a new listing, use this link to submit the resource to their database: https://211wisconsin.communityos.org/public-agency-update
Join the Volunteer Center Network (VCN) quarterly meetings for specific resource share opportunities.
Click here for more details regarding the Volunteer Center Network.