United Way Volunteer Center connects you with nonprofit agencies in need of your expertise and time.
Volunteers are a crucial part of general operations and special events for nonprofit agencies. The Volunteer Center helps connect you, your family or your team to the right volunteer opportunity in Sheboygan County.
2021 Holiday Needs are here!
Are you looking for ways to give back this giving season? Here is a listing of volunteer opportunities and holiday wish list items for local nonprofits helping our neighbors: CLICK HERE.
2021 Spirit of Sheboygan County Volunteer Awards - Nominations are OPEN!
Know a friend or coworker that gives back through volunteering their time and talents? Nominate them for the upcoming Spirit of Sheboygan County Volunteer Awards!
Click here to learn more. | Click here for the online donation form.
ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER CENTER
The Sheboygan County Volunteer Center serves as a resource for community members, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. As a Community Impact Initiative of UWSC, the Volunteer Center is used year-round to connect community volunteers with local nonprofit agencies.
The Volunteer Center provides:
- A website portal for nonprofit agencies to post their needs and community members to fill them.
- A network of nonprofit agencies which meet quarterly to brainstorm how to increase the number of volunteers and advance their volunteer experiences.
- An engagement opportunity for businesses to share with their staff through onboarding and retention efforts.
Through the gift of volunteerism, community members play a critical role in filling current needs in Sheboygan County and nurturing our community’s future.
Take a look at the impact below!
Impact stats coming soon!
Outputs of 2021 Day of Caring include:
- 465 volunteers were mobilized to fill 38 projects for 24 local nonprofit agencies
- 2,300 volunteer hours completed in the one day
- 16 Day of Caring Mini-Grants were awarded
- 200+ community members gathered to kick-off United Way's 2021 Campaign to continue to support local nonprofit agencies, community impact initiatives, and more!
In collaboration with the Sheboygan Area School District and JustServe, we co-hosted a Community Volunteer Fair on October 28, 2021. The purpose of this event was to connect community members and students with volunteer opportunities.
Outputs of the Community Volunteer Fair:
- 35 Agencies and Programs represented
- 160 Community Members Attended
- 340+ Students from North High School Attended
- 500+ volunteer sign-ups (both community members and students)
Volunteering shifted due to COVID-19 but that didn't stop hundreds of community members from giving back!
UWSC expanded participation opportunities from mostly in-person volunteer opportunities to include virtual and donation of tangible items along with an ‘Acts of Kindness Challenge.’
Outputs of 2020 Day of Caring include:
- In-person Volunteer Opportunities: 49 volunteers provided 196 hours of socially distant in-person volunteering around Sheboygan County. This is a significant decrease due to COVID-19. Nonprofits reported being unable to host in-person volunteer opportunities due to staff capacity and adequate space.
- (NEW) Acts of Kindness Challenge: 507+ acts of kindness completed and submitted.
- (NEW) Virtual Volunteer Opportunities: 16 volunteers participated in virtual opportunities such as making inspirational cards for clients, marketing and public relations support.
- (NEW) Donation Drives: 300+ children's books donated for Community Partnership for Children organized by UWSC Emerging Leaders. Nonprofits reported 253 additional items donated that day.
In addition to Day of Caring in 2020, 326 volunteers were matched with project opportunities, which amounted to more than 712 volunteer hours.
- 24 Corporate Groups with 1,062 total volunteers.
- 556 volunteers matched with projects, for a total of 2,058 volunteer hours
- 2019 Day of Caring: 58 projects filled from 38 nonprofit agencies. 1,016 Volunteers signed up to and provided 4,867 volunteer hours.
VC ANNUAL SPONSORS
Questions? Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a nonprofit looking to get involved in the Volunteer Center?
Upcoming Meeting Information:
2022 Volunteer Center Meeting Dates:
- January 26 | Agenda includes Holiday Needs follow-up, Spring Needs, and Spirit Awards Needs
- June 22 | Agenda includes Spring Needs follow-up, Spirit Award follow-up, and upcoming Day of Caring Needs
- September 28 | Agenda includes Day of Caring follow-up and Holiday Needs review
- *Additional special meetings as needed, such as Day of Caring prep in July
Quick Resources for Agencies:
About 2021 Holiday Needs: How to post a 2021 Holiday Need (Word Doc)
Past Meeting Notes:
- 10.27.21 Meeting Notes (Word Doc)
- 7.28.21 Meeting Agenda (Word Doc)
- 1.27.21 Network Meeting Minutes (PDF) (Click here to view the video recording of this meeting.)
- 10.21.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
- 8.26.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
- 7.29.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
Here are some resources:
- How to post a 2021 Holiday Need (Word Doc)
- How to sign up for the volunteer center (PDF)
- Holiday Post Addition-How to post a Volunteer Opportunity (PDF)
- How to post a Volunteer Opportunity (PDF)
- Reserving UWSC's Outdoor Digital Sign Instructions (Word Doc)
- 2021 Day of Caring - Volunteer Safety Guide (Word Doc)