United Way Volunteer Center connects you with nonprofit agencies in need of your expertise and time.
Volunteers are a crucial part of general operations and special events for nonprofit agencies. The Volunteer Center helps connect you, your family or your team to the right volunteer opportunity in Sheboygan County. For a list of agencies looking for help across Sheboygan County, visit www.uwofsc.org/volunteer.
2020 Day of Caring:
The structure of the event shifted due to COVID but the purpose of UWSC’s Day of Caring event continued to support United Way's objective of engaging our community in volunteer efforts. UWSC expanded participation opportunities from mostly in-person volunteer opportunities to include virtual and donation of tangible items along with an ‘Acts of Kindness Challenge.’ Thank you to all those that participated! Together, we can help our community RISE!
Outputs of 2020 Day of Caring include:
- In-person Volunteer Opportunities: 49 volunteers provided 196 hours of socially distant in-person volunteering around Sheboygan County. This is a significant decrease due to COVID-19. Nonprofits reported being unable to host in-person volunteer opportunities due to staff capacity and adequate space.
- (NEW) Acts of Kindness Challenge: 507+ acts of kindness completed and submitted.
- (NEW) Virtual Volunteer Opportunities: 16 volunteers participated in virtual opportunities such as making inspirational cards for clients, marketing and public relations support.
- (NEW) Donation Drives: 300+ children's books donated for Community Partnership for Children organized by UWSC Emerging Leaders. Nonprofits reported 253 additional items donated that day.
- 24 Corporate Groups with 1,062 total volunteers.
- 556 volunteers matched with projects, for a total of 2,058 volunteer hours
- 2019 Day of Caring: 58 projects filled from 38 nonprofit agencies. 1,016 Volunteers signed up to and provided 4,867 volunteer hours.
VC ANNUAL SPONSORS
Questions? Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a nonprofit looking to get involved in the Volunteer Center?
Upcoming Meeting Information:
The next Volunteer Center Network Meeting is Wednesday, April 21 at 9:30 a.m.
Email Gina Covelli (email@example.com) for meeting information.
Past Meeting Notes:
- 1.27.21 Network Meeting Minutes (PDF) (Click here to view the video recording of this meeting.)
- 10.21.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
- 8.26.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
- 7.29.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
Here are some resources: