United Way Volunteer Center connects you with nonprofit agencies in need of your expertise and time.
Volunteers are a crucial part of general operations and special events for nonprofit agencies. The Volunteer Center helps connect you, your family or your team to the right volunteer opportunity in Sheboygan County.
2021 Day of Caring is on Thursday, September 16th!
There are many ways to get involved in this year's Day of Caring.
Click here for all the opportunities!
The Sheboygan County Volunteer Center serves as a resource for community members, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. As a Community Impact Initiative of UWSC, the Volunteer Center is used year-round to connect community volunteers with local nonprofit agencies.
The Volunteer Center provides:
- A website portal for nonprofit agencies to post their needs and community members to fill them.
- A network of nonprofit agencies which meet quarterly to brainstorm how to increase the number of volunteers and advance their volunteer experiences.
- An engagement opportunity for businesses to share with their staff through onboarding and retention efforts.
Through the gift of volunteerism, community members play a critical role in filling current needs in Sheboygan County and nurturing our community’s future.
Take a look at the impact below!
Volunteering shifted due to COVID-19 but that didn't stop hundreds of community members from giving back!
UWSC expanded participation opportunities from mostly in-person volunteer opportunities to include virtual and donation of tangible items along with an ‘Acts of Kindness Challenge.’
Outputs of 2020 Day of Caring include:
- In-person Volunteer Opportunities: 49 volunteers provided 196 hours of socially distant in-person volunteering around Sheboygan County. This is a significant decrease due to COVID-19. Nonprofits reported being unable to host in-person volunteer opportunities due to staff capacity and adequate space.
- (NEW) Acts of Kindness Challenge: 507+ acts of kindness completed and submitted.
- (NEW) Virtual Volunteer Opportunities: 16 volunteers participated in virtual opportunities such as making inspirational cards for clients, marketing and public relations support.
- (NEW) Donation Drives: 300+ children's books donated for Community Partnership for Children organized by UWSC Emerging Leaders. Nonprofits reported 253 additional items donated that day.
In addition to Day of Caring in 2020, 326 volunteers were matched with project opportunities, which amounted to more than 712 volunteer hours.
- 24 Corporate Groups with 1,062 total volunteers.
- 556 volunteers matched with projects, for a total of 2,058 volunteer hours
- 2019 Day of Caring: 58 projects filled from 38 nonprofit agencies. 1,016 Volunteers signed up to and provided 4,867 volunteer hours.
VC ANNUAL SPONSORS
Questions? Contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Are you a nonprofit looking to get involved in the Volunteer Center?
Upcoming Meeting Information:
The next Volunteer Center Network Meeting is Wednesday, July 28 at 9:30 a.m.
Email Gina Covelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) for meeting information.
Quick Resources for Agencies:
About 2021 Day of Caring | What You Need to Know - 2021 Day of Caring Agency Information (Word Doc)
How to post your volunteer opportunity for 2021 Day of Caring - Click here for instructions for 2021 Day of Caring Projects (Word Doc)
Day of Caring Mini-Grant Information & Application - Click here to download the Application (Word Doc)
Past Meeting Notes:
- 7.28.21 Meeting Agenda (Word Doc)
- 1.27.21 Network Meeting Minutes (PDF) (Click here to view the video recording of this meeting.)
- 10.21.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
- 8.26.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
- 7.29.20 Network Meeting Minutes (Word Doc)
Here are some resources: