United Way currently invests in their: Child Care Resource Development & Connections programs
Family Connections supports child care providers…
- through trainings and workshops on quality child care topics and issues
- learn more about opportunities available to them
- through promoting recognition and educating the public on child care issues
- by providing technical assistance and consulting
- through supporting them in their YoungStar journey
Family Connections supports families…
- ease the burden of child care expenses by paying a portion of weekly child care fees to regulated providers through our Connections grant program
- learn more about quality child care through free educational materials and technical assistance regarding child care issues.
Connections is a program which connects families to child care and community resources through offering care management on child development, quality child care indicators, community resources trainings, budget counseling, and volunteer hours. Eligible families receive 20% of their co-payment child care costs (if participating in WI Child Care Subsidy) or 20% of their general child care costs (when families don’t qualify for WI Shares but are still eligible for Connections) are then paid directly to the regulated child care provider.
Child Care Resource Development Program:
Family Connections offers professional development opportunities to child care providers through trainings, workshops, and technical assistance (support provided via the phone, in-office, email, etc.) so they are able to offer quality child care services, retain their job position, and we also aid prospective child care providers who are interested in becoming a child care provider. Some of the trainings we offer include: Shaken Baby Syndrome Training, SIDS Training, Strengthening Families: Protective Factors, Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards Training, Environmental Rating Scales, Family Involvement, ASQ Training, to name a few.
For more news from Family Connections, follow them on Facebook @family.1999 .
Thank you, Terri and the Family Connections team for all the work you do for our community!
Mission: Family Connections supports and educates families and early childhood professionals to promote healthy child development and strengthen communities
2508 S. 8th Street, Sheboygan WI 53081
(920) 457-1999 or (800) 322-2046
To learn more, visit their website: familyconnectionscc.org