Mark your calendars for September 16th, 2021!
Each year, United Way of Sheboygan County hosts a day of giving across Sheboygan County. Hundreds of community members gather to volunteer and celebrate the collective power of giving!
When we all give, our impact can reach all corners of the county to support nonprofits and their individual missions to serve our community. Every gift of time, talent, and treasure matters!
Special thanks to our supporters!
DIAMOND: Kohler Co. and Muth Mirror Systems
GOLD: HSA Bank Local, Johnsonville Sausage, National Exchange Bank, Nemak
SILVER: Alliant Energy, Associated Bank, Commerce State Bank, KwikTrip, Masters Gallery Food, Plymouth Foam, Rockline Industries, Sargento Foods, Sartori, Millipore Sigma
BRONZE: Aldag Honald Mechanical, Kohler Credit Union, UnitedOne Credit Union
PARTNER: Clifton Larson Allen, Sheboygan Area Credit Union
Plan out your group or individual engagement!
- Kickoff Event: Join us at the kickoff event September 16th at 7:30a.
Register to attend here.
- Volunteer: Help make a huge impact in our community by volunteering that day!
Click here for Day of Caring projects!
- United Way Night @ 3 Sheeps: A dollar from every pint purchased from 5pm to 8pm at 3 Sheeps will be donated to United Way of Sheboygan County!
Click here to RSVP on Facebook.
- Ryder Cup Raffle! You have two chances to win two weeklong ground passes for the Ryder Cup by purchasing raffle tickets!
Thanks to Kohler’s donation, we have will have 2 lucky winners!
Tickets are $10! Find a staff member to purchase tickets the morning or at the United Way Open House at 3 Sheeps. You can also purchase tickets online by 7 pm on September 16th.
Click here to purchase tickets.
(Winners will be pulled Thursday, September 16th at 7:30 pm during the Open House event at 3 Sheeps. Winners will be announced on Facebook LIVE at that time.)
- Mascot Race Vote! Vote for which mascot you think will win the race and get a chance to win a $25 Sheboygan County Chamber Cash!
Click here to submit your answer!
(Winner will be pulled Monday, September 20th! Winners will be announced on Facebook LIVE.)
- Participate in the September Acts of Kindness Challenge! Last year, our community submitted over 500 Acts of Kindness. Let's see if we can beat last year's total! During the month of September, complete one or more Acts of Kindness and submit it online for a chance to win a prize.
About each part of the day:
Kickoff Event | Sheboygan County Fair Grounds
- 7:30a - Fairgrounds open for parking (229 Fairview Dr. Plymouth, WI 53073). Attendees park and sign in for a bag breakfast. Parking details coming soon!
- 8:00a - United Way Program
- Agency Recognition during the program(All nonprofit agencies stand for a round of applause; United Way Partner Agency shout out; and a special impact story shared)
- 8:45a - Program ends and volunteers leave for their projects
Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteer Projects are now LIVE and ready for you to sign up! Projects have various different needs. Reach out to the coordinator listed on the project or to Katelyn Piper (email@example.com) if you have any questions! Click here for Day of Caring projects!
- Morning projects: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Evening projects: 1 pm to 4 pm
- All Day projects: 9:30 am to 4 pm
Acts of Kindness Challenge: Join the challenge by completing Acts of Kindness the entire month of September! When we practice random acts of kindness, we not only lift the burdens from others around us but we release positivity within ourselves as well.
After Party - United Way Night @ 3 Sheeps!
Come grab a drink at 3 Sheeps to celebrate the day with us! A dollar from every pint purchased from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. will be donated to United Way of Sheboygan County!
Miesfeld's will also be there with their grill to offer food for purchase. A portion of their sales will also be donated to United Way of Sheboygan County!
Last year's Day of Caring looked different but we still made a huge impact:
- In-person Volunteer Opportunities: 49 volunteers provided 196 hours of socially distant in-person volunteering around Sheboygan County. This is a significant decrease due to COVID-19. Nonprofits reported being unable to host in-person volunteer opportunities due to staff capacity and adequate space.
- (NEW) Acts of Kindness Challenge: 507+ acts of kindness completed and submitted.
- (NEW) Virtual Volunteer Opportunities: 16 volunteers participated in virtual opportunities such as making inspirational cards for clients, marketing and public relations support.
- (NEW) Donation Drives: 300+ children's books donated for Community Partnership for Children organized by UWSC Emerging Leaders. Nonprofits reported 253 additional items donated that day.
This year, we will continue some of the new offerings from last year and bring back favorites from previous years! Registration will be announced later this summer! Watch for continued updates as we get closer to the event.
Save September 16th on your calendar and join us in sharing kindness across our county!
Can't wait until September 16th to get involved?
- Looking to volunteer? Check out the current volunteer opportunities in our area: CLICK HERE.
- Looking to learn more as a nonprofit agency about this year's Day of Caring? Attend our next Volunteer Center Network meeting on July 28th at 9:30a. Email Gina Covelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) for virtual meeting details.
- Are you an individual Volunteer? Contact: If you are a volunteer looking to participate in this event, email email@example.com.
- Are you a Business in the area? Contact: If you are a business looking to participate or sponsor this event, contact Katelyn Piper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you a Nonprofit Agency? Contact: If you are an agency looking to post your volunteer opportunity, contact Gina Covelli at email@example.com.