Mark your calendars for September 16th, 2021!
UWSC staff is currently in planning mode for 2021 Day of Caring!
Last year's Day of Caring looked different but we still made a huge impact:
- In-person Volunteer Opportunities: 49 volunteers provided 196 hours of socially distant in-person volunteering around Sheboygan County. This is a significant decrease due to COVID-19. Nonprofits reported being unable to host in-person volunteer opportunities due to staff capacity and adequate space.
- (NEW) Acts of Kindness Challenge: 507+ acts of kindness completed and submitted.
- (NEW) Virtual Volunteer Opportunities: 16 volunteers participated in virtual opportunities such as making inspirational cards for clients, marketing and public relations support.
- (NEW) Donation Drives: 300+ children's books donated for Community Partnership for Children organized by UWSC Emerging Leaders. Nonprofits reported 253 additional items donated that day.
This year, we will continue some of the new offerings from last year and bring back favorites from previous years! Registration will be announced later this summer! Watch for continued updates as we get closer to the event.
Save September 16th on your calendar and join us in sharing kindness across our county!
Can't wait until September 16th to get involved?
- Looking to volunteer? Check out the current volunteer opportunities in our area: CLICK HERE.
- Looking to learn more as a nonprofit agency about this year's Day of Caring? Attend our next Volunteer Center Network meeting on July 28th at 9:30a. Email Gina Covelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) for virtual meeting details.
- Are you an individual Volunteer? Contact: If you are a volunteer looking to participate in this event, email email@example.com.
- Are you a Business in the area? Contact: If you are a business looking to participate or sponsor this event, contact Katelyn Piper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you a Nonprofit Agency? Contact: If you are an agency looking to post your volunteer opportunity, contact Gina Covelli at email@example.com.