CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION. NO VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR AUGUST 30.
Volunteers are still needed to assist with debris removal in Cascade today after yesterday’s severe weather. Sheboygan County Emergency Management and Sheboygan County Division of Public Health has opened a Volunteer Reception Center (VRC) at Cascade Village Park, at the intersection of Milwaukee and West Water, in Cascade WI. The VRC provides a central location for the public to sign up for volunteer opportunities.
All volunteers MUST check in with at the VRC if you are planning to assist. Volunteers must be 18 years or older, or must be with legal guardian if under the age of 18.
At the VRC, volunteers will:
- Participate in a safety briefing
- Receive volunteer assignments for the day
- Work directly on debris removal
Volunteer jobs will be in and around the disaster zone. You will be working in teams with a supervisor.
- WHAT TO WEAR: long sleeves, long pants, closed toe shoes, contain long hair
- WHAT TO BRING: your identification and work gloves
- FOR DEBRIS REMOVAL: Goggles or safety glasses are recommended, work gloves
At this time, NO DONATIONS are needed or will be accepted at the location.
For the general public, we as that you please avoid the area while emergency management personnel and volunteers clear debris.
For all updates on resources and questions please visit WI 211’s website at 211wisconsin.org and see “flood resources”.
For media inquiries, please call the established Joint Information Center at 920-207-5214.