2018 Spirit of Sheboygan County Volunteer Awards
United Way of Sheboygan County is accepting nominations for the 2018 Spirit of Sheboygan County Volunteer Awards.
“This awards ceremony was created to celebrate those passionate individuals, groups and companies that epitomize the spirit of giving throughout the year,” said Lee Anne Raleigh, Database Specialist and Volunteer Center Coordinator.
The true spirit of giving can be defined as individuals that give with no expectation of anything in return. Meaningful community solutions are possible with community members, from all walks of life, rolling up their sleeves to assist nonprofit agencies and their missions.
All community members are encouraged to nominate community members for the following awards:
- Volunteer of the Year – Honors an individual volunteer
- Group/Team Volunteers of the Year – Honors a group/team of two or more people that volunteer together on the same project under a group/team name
- Youth Volunteer Star – Honors an individual volunteer under the age of 18
- Outstanding Volunteer Board of Directors – honors a nonprofit board that has shown exceptional leadership in driving a nonprofit organization
- Perseverance in Volunteerism – Honors volunteers who have overcome significant personal mental and/or physical obstacles in order to engage in service to others
- Community Spirit Award – honors a corporation that has made a substantial impact in the community by promoting service to their employees by providing volunteer hours, engaging in other volunteer activities and providing paid time for employees to volunteer
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Honors a volunteer who has exhibited a lifelong commitment to volunteerism and community service
Nominations are due Friday, March 9th and will be reviewed by a committee of community volunteers.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 18 at The Osthoff Resort and join us in celebrating the volunteerism efforts in our community.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact Lee Anne Raleigh by emailing email@example.com or calling 920-458-3425.